Food Safety Policy Statement
At QUALITY FRESH CUT PRODUCE, we believe that success depends on the supply of high-quality products and services that meet and exceed customer expectations. In order to make this happen we need to take the responsibility to ensure the quality and food safety is the highest possible of all the products we process.
We are committed to continually improving and maintaining customer confidence through the development and implementation of quality and food safety systems, standards and practices.
All QUALITY FRESH CUT PRODUCE, operations are committed to continuous improvement, which is measured, evaluated and validated for effectiveness through internal and external audits. We believe that the responsibility for achieving quality and food safety commitments lies with every single QUALITY FRESH CUT PRODUCE, employee quality and food safety is the responsibility of every employee that has a direct influence on ingredients, packaging, manufacturing, storage and the transport of products.
The following quality and food safety principles are the foundation of QFCP commitment to quality and food safety:
- THE COLD CHAIN IS VERY IMPORTANT TO QUALITY FRESH CUT PRODUCE FROM RECIVEING TO STORING TO PROCESSING TO SHIPPPING TO CUSTOMER.
- Process and deliver products that meet the highest quality and food safety standards.
- Meet all statutory and regulatory requirements for quality and food safety, including mutually agreed customer requirements related to quality and food safety.
- Ensure a sustainable quality and food safety culture through the implementation, certification and continuous improvement of effective quality and food safety management systems.
- Validate the effectiveness of the quality and food safety management systems through internal and external audit processes.
- Apply a risk assessment methodology, aligned with the context in which we operate, to facilitate our ability to achieve quality and food safety management system objectives and continually improve.
- Build a quality and food safety mindset and culture through structured programs that develop employees’ competencies and technical skills, increase awareness.
- Continually review quality and food safety policies, standards and procedures to effectively manage food safety risks associated with changes in products, processes and technologies.
- Include quality and food safety strategies in the business planning process to ensure that food safety and quality remains an integral part of operations.
- Set annual measurable quality and food safety objectives for all operations, and at group level, to ensure continuous improvement and compliance with all standards.
- Ensure that suppliers embrace the same quality and food safety commitments and monitor the materials and services they supply through audits and incoming goods inspections.
- Communicate quality and food safety requirements to suppliers, contractors, customers and consumers and other relevant interested parties by establishing specifications for ingredients and packaging materials, product storage and distribution and consumer guidelines.
- Communicate quality and food safety aspects, strategies and performance to employees associates, customers that have an impact on or are affected by QUALITY FRESH CUT PRODUCE, food safety and quality management systems.